If you’re like me, you love creating digital art on your iPad using the Procreate app. But what do you do when you want to print Procreate designs? In this article, we will teach you how to print your Procreate digital designs either at home or through a professional printing company. We’ll also share some tips and tricks that will help make the printing process go as smoothly as possible!
Printing Procreate designs from Home
First, let’s talk about printing your designs at home. If you have a good quality printer, you can definitely print your Procreate digital designs at home! Having a high-quality printer at home not only saves you money but also gives you the flexibility to print your designs whenever you want.
The key is to make sure that you use high-quality paper and inks. I recommend using heavy-weight photo paper for the best results. You can also experiment with different types of paper to see what works best for you.
I’ve collected my top three at-home printers that will make your Procreate designs print vividly to really show off the work that you created, without it being all pixely.
Best At Home Printers
With its compact design, this color photo printer can print up to a 13″ by 39″ print. It is fast and efficient, printing large prints in less than 90 seconds.
This wireless printer is a powerhouse when it comes to ink capability. It can print up to 8,000 black & white pages or 7,700 color pages with great quality. This printer has a smaller printing size, only printing borderless photos from 3.5” x 3.5” square all the way to 8.5” x 11” letter size.
This printer is my top choice because it comes with HP Instant Ink. This means you don’t have to worry about running out of ink because you will get new cartridges automatically sent to you for a small monthly fee. This printer can handle square-size prints up to 12″ in length.
How to Print Your Procreate Designs
To get started, simply open up your Procreate file on your iPad and select the design that you want to print. Next, tap on the “share” icon in the top right corner of the screen. A menu will pop up with several options for sharing your design. Select “Print” from this menu.
Once you select “Print”, a new menu will pop up with your printing options. Make sure that you select “Photo” as your paper type and “Best Quality” as your printing quality. This will ensure that your print comes out looking its best!
Finally, hit the “Print” button in the top right corner of the screen and your Procreate digital design will start printing!
Printing through a Professional Company
If you’re not sure about printing your Procreate designs at home, or if you want to get the highest quality prints possible, you can always use a professional printing company. There are many great companies out there that specialize in printing Procreate designs. They will have the right kind of printers and inks to get the best results. Plus, they will be able to help you with any questions that you may have about the printing process.
- Giclee Today – Giclee Today is a great option for printing Procreate designs. They have high-quality printers and use archival inks, so your prints will last a long time. Plus, they offer a money-back satisfaction guarantee, so you can be sure that you’re happy with your purchase!
- Vistaprint – Vistaprint is another great option for printing Procreate digital designs. They offer high-quality prints at an affordable price. Plus, they have a lot of great features, like the ability to print on canvas or wood!
- Mpix – Mpix is a great choice for printing high-quality procreate digital designs. They offer archival quality prints and have a wide variety of paper types to choose from. Plus, they offer free shipping on orders over $50!
Tips & Tricks
– Make sure that your Procreate file is saved at the highest quality possible. This will ensure that your prints turn out looking great! Typically all designs should be at 300dpi at the minimum for the best printing quality.
– When you’re exporting your file for printing, make sure to use the PDF format. This will help to keep your colors looking accurate and vibrant.
– If you’re using a professional printing company, be sure to ask about their turnaround time and shipping options. This way, you can be sure that your prints will arrive on time and in perfect condition!
Following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to print your Procreate digital designs with ease! So go ahead and get started on your next project – your prints will turn out looking amazing!
For more information about printing your Procreate designs but on products, check out my digital course, Procreate to Product!