Are you looking to start selling products on Etsy, but don’t know how to get started? In this article, we will cover how to optimize a product listing on Etsy. This includes making sure your title is eye-catching, that your description is keyword-rich, and that your tags are relevant. By following these tips, you can ensure that your product is seen by as many people as possible on the Etsy platform!
In this article, we will go over my top 5 tips to get more views. These tips or categories include the listing title, description, tags, photos, and any other small tips & tricks.
Why optimize a product listing?
By optimizing your listing, you are essentially telling Etsy what your product is and why someone should buy it. The better you can do this, the more likely people are to see it in searches, which means more potential customers for you! It can be frustrating to put in the work to create a product and then have it sit there with no views.
So to be sure that your product listing is the very best it can be, let’s break product optimization down, starting with your product title.
When you’re creating your listing, always keep in mind that the title is one of the most important elements.
- Your title should be descriptive and to the point so that potential buyers know what they’re looking at.
- Including keywords in your title is also a great way to ensure that your listing appears higher in search results.
- Etsy recommends having short and concise phrases in your title because they convert better into sales.
- Your title should be around 70-120 characters.
- Do not repeat any words more than twice or else it will be too repetitive
Your product description is another important element of your listing. This is where you can really sell your product and convince potential buyers to make a purchase.
- Make sure that your description is clear, concise, and keyword-rich.
- Be sure to include all the relevant information about your product, such as size, materials used, shipping details, etc.
- You should have at least 160 characters in your description
- Include at least two of your best tags in the description
Product Tags/ Keywords
Tags are a great way to ensure that your listing appears in relevant search results. The more tags you use, the more you will pop up in searches.
- Be sure to use a mix of general and specific keywords, and try to use all 13 available tags.
- By including relevant tags, you can help potential buyers find your product more easily.
- Do not include duplicate tags (ex: mug & mugs)
- Use multi-word phrases instead of single-word descriptions
Finally, don’t forget to focus on your product photos! Buyers rely heavily on the photos to see what they are buying, so they are an important part of your listing.
- You have room for 10 photos, Etsy recommends using at least 6 of the spots.
- Use photos that clearly show the product at various angles and in different places.
- The quality of images is important, try to steer away from blurry or pixelated photos.
By following these tips, you can optimize your product listing on Etsy and get more views. By increasing the number of views your listing gets, you’ll be more likely to make a sale! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself!
Do you have any other tips for optimizing a product listing on Etsy? Share them in the comments below!
Looking for an online program to help optimize your listings even further? Check out our other blog post, Alura Review: A Tool to Help Grow Your Etsy Business. In this article, we cover everything you need to know about getting your Etsy shop optimized even further by using this program. By following our tips, you’ll be selling like a pro in no time!